APPLICATIONS SOUGHT AS AFFORDABLE HOUSING EXTENDS ITS REACH IN CO MONAGHAN
PETER HUGHES Monaghan Co Council has appealed to people interested in availing of the affordable purchase housing option to submit responses to the survey recently opened in relation to the development of a scheme of this nature in Carrickmacross. The survey went live on Tuesday June 24 and remains open until Friday July 18 and is accessible in the relevant section of the Monaghan Co Council website. While its immediate purpose is to determine the level of interest in a future affordable housing scheme in Carrickmacross, people from other parts of the county are also being encouraged to complete the survey so their information can be stored on a database for future schemes in other towns in the county.
Chief Executive Robert Burns told Monday’s Co Council meeting that an affordable housing survey was out with the public in Carrickmacross at present and the Council had received a decent level of response. He urged everyone interested to complete the questionnaire and suggested that the elected members from the Carrickmacross-Castleblayney Municipal District could promote interest in the survey. “It is not just about the town but about possibilities and options for people elsewhere in the county,” Mr Burns pointed out. “We are at the start of a process.” The Council would take the results of the survey to the Department of Housing and if there was a significant demand the Department would allow them to proceed to the next stage, so the survey was important. Cathaoirleach P J O’Hanlon (Fianna Fáil) said there had been a very successful…










