COUNTY COUNCIL EXTENDS PUBLIC CONSULTATION ON N2 PROJECTS FOLLOWING SF COUNCILLOR’S REQUEST

15 November 2019 No Comments by The Northern Standard

Michael Fisher

Monaghan County Council has extended by two weeks the deadlines for submissions from members of the public regarding its plans for two major road schemes on the N2 Dublin to Derry road. The Cathaoirleach of Carrickmacross Castleblayney Municipal District Council Cllr Noel Keelan, had requested a further round of public consultation on the N2 Ardee to Castleblayney road scheme, including the naming of all the townlands that might be impacted before it proceeds to the next stage.

He met the consultants, Jacobs, in Monaghan on Tuesday to urge them to extend the deadline for submissions, and told them people were not fully aware of the proposals which had been headlined in publicity material as an “upgrade” of “approximately 32km of the N2 between Ardee and Castleblayney”. Cllr Keelan told The Northern Standard yesterday: “Those people who are potentially affected are aghast at the lack of information they have received to date. My colleagues, Matt Carthy MEP, Cllr Colm Carthy and myself have been inundated with calls over the last few days from concerned constituents. They want to know why people have not been contacted about plans for the upgrade of the N2, when it could directly affect them, depending on which route is selected by the consultants.”

He continued: “The vast majority of those who I have spoken to believed that any upgrade would be carried out on the existing route…

Comments are closed.