PYLON OPPONENTS SAY SUPREME COURT RULING ON INTERCONNECTOR CHANGES NOTHING

22 February 2019 No Comments by The Northern Standard

Michael Fisher

Opponents of EirGrid’s plans to put an overhead high voltage electricity line and 300 pylons across Monaghan, Cavan and Meath say a ruling on Tuesday by the Supreme Court confirming the authority of An Bord Pleanála to grant permission for the project has changed nothing. The North East Pylon Pressure Campaign which took the case said not one single access route for pylon construction had been submitted to local authorities or to any landowner. The group pointed out that no agreement existed for access at landowner level.

EirGrid however disputed this and said it would be proceeding with the overhead line and would hand over the project to the ESB to complete the most urgent infrastructure project in this country. A spokesman welcomed the court judgement and said undergrounding the proposed North South interconnector was….

Comments are closed.