CATHAOIRLEACH SAYS COUNCILLORS WERE SNUBBED OVER JOBS FORUM IN CARRICKMACROSS

2 May 2015 No Comments by The Northern Standard

By Michael Fisher

Monaghan Councillors especially Carrickmacross-Castleblayney Municipal District members have been snubbed by the Department of Jobs, according to the County Council Cathaoirleach, Councillor Padraig McNally (Fianna Fáil). He was addressing the April meeting of the District Council in Carrickmacross on Monday.

He expressed his disappointment and frustration that he had not been invited to a regional jobs forum held at the Nuremore Hotel and attended by three government Ministers, including the Jobs Minister Richard Bruton T.D. and Minister for the Arts, Heritage and the Gaeltacht and local T.D., Heather Humphreys.

Councillor McNally told the meeting that if there had been a Fine Gael Cathaoirleach of the County Council then that person would have been there, but on this occasion, local representatives had been snubbed. We like to be contacted about such events, he said, and it was very easy to forget that hey were there.

He proposed that the Municipal District wrote to the Minister for Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation, Richard Bruton T.D. saying that in future they should invite elected representatives from Carrickmacross. He said there was not one person present at the jobs forum who could report Back directly to the workforce at the Bose factory. It is due to close at the end of next month, with the loss of 140 jobs.

The Cathaoirleach of the Municipal District, Councillor Jackie Crowe (Sinn Féin ….

Comments are closed.