28 September 2012 No Comments by The Northern Standard

THE PREDATORY instincts of Ryan McAnespie were the central plank of this Emyvale victory in the replayed final of the minor football league division 2 that was played in somewhat greasy conditions in Blackhill on Saturday afternoon last.
Mc Anespie finished with the impressive tally of 3-8 with just three of those points coming from frees as he tortured the Magheracloone defence with his pace, skill and most importantly his finishing in what was a veritable tour de force by the county minor star.
This was a most entertaining contest between two well matched teams that produced some periods of great football and the battle between the two big number eights, Colin Hughes, Emyvale and Michael Metzger, Magheracloone was one of the features of the game. Ultimately though it ended on a disappointing note when Emyvale’s Daithi Colton sustained a serious head/neck injury in the final minute and the conclusion of the game was held up for over 40 minutes as he received treatment on the field and was then removed by ambulance to hospital. Magheracloone’s Paudie Kirk was issued with a red card following the incident and when the pitch had been ultimately cleared referee Malachy Trainor restarted play and within a minute had blown the full-time whistle to signal Emyvale’s victory but it was a muted celebration in the circumstances.
Ryan McAnespie opened the scoring with a point for Emyvale in the 2nd minute but by the 10th minute Magheracloone had taken a two points lead with points by Alan McCahey from a free, David Kirk and Paudie Kirk. McAnespie then converted a free in the 12th minute and was on target again in the 18th but in between Paul McArdle scored a good point for Magheracloone. With six minutes of normal time remaining in the first half Magheracloone opened a four points lead when David Kirk found the Emyvale net after good work by Michael Metzger and Killian Rudden.
By the half-time whistle though Emyvale had reduced the margin to …

Comments are closed.