MONAGHAN BUSINESS PREMISES GUTTED BY FIRE

26 January 2012 No Comments by The Northern Standard

By Veronica Corr

Prompt action by fire crews prevented the spread to other premises of a fire that broke out in Chinese Acupuncture and Care, Dawson Street, Monaghan on Tuesday last.
Dermot Brannigan, Acting Chief Fire Officer, credited the early detection, reporting and fast response of the fire brigade, as reasons why the fire didn’t spread to neighbouring premises.
Two units from Monaghan and one unit from Ballybay responded to the call, and a total of eighteen fire fighters from the retained service were on-site. Multiple breathing apparatus units were used.
There was extensive damage to the ground and first floors and some staff from the centre were treated for smoke inhalation. Luckily there were no casualties. It is believed that the fire was caused by an unattended flame.
Acting Chief Fire Officer Brannigan commended all …

Comments are closed.