Articles in the Headline Category

“START SMALL. DO WELL. GO GLOBAL.”

General News, Headline »

4 May 2018 Comments Off on “START SMALL. DO WELL. GO GLOBAL.”
“START SMALL. DO WELL. GO GLOBAL.”

– Taoiseach urges Irish companies to adopt the Combilift mantra Peter Hughes Start small. Do well. Go global. This was the mantra for success Taoiseach Leo Varadkar ascribed to Monaghan forklift manufacturer and material handling supplier Combilift when he officially opened their new €50 million global headquarters and manufacturing facility at Annahagh last Thursday. Leo obviously liked the sound of the mantra. “It is why Combilift’s story is so compelling,” he said. While the Government would continue to try to attract more inward investment to these shores, the Taoiseach pledged, “We ...

NORTH MONAGHAN EMIGRATION ERA ENCAPSULATED IN HERITAGE INITIATIVE

General News, Headline »

4 May 2018 Comments Off on NORTH MONAGHAN EMIGRATION ERA ENCAPSULATED IN HERITAGE INITIATIVE
NORTH MONAGHAN EMIGRATION ERA ENCAPSULATED IN HERITAGE INITIATIVE

A traditional embarkation point for North Monaghan people departing for foreign shores during the eras of mass Irish emigration has been enshrined in a community heritage initiative. An interpretative sign marking the location of the “America Cross” at Killylough, Tydavnet was unveiled in a short ceremony on Tuesday April 24 last. The striking sign was designed by local public representative and Cathaoirleach of the Monaghan Municipal District Paudge Connolly, who was a key mover in the initiative to mark the historic significance of the T junction location where emigrants traditionally ...

REVEALED: HOW EIRGRID SPENT OVER €1.7 MILLION DURING INTERCONNECTOR PLANNING HEARING

General News, Headline »

12 Apr 2018 Comments Off on REVEALED: HOW EIRGRID SPENT OVER €1.7 MILLION DURING INTERCONNECTOR PLANNING HEARING
REVEALED: HOW EIRGRID SPENT OVER €1.7 MILLION DURING INTERCONNECTOR PLANNING HEARING

Michael Fisher EirGrid spent over €1.7 million in various expenses incurred during the eleven weeks oral hearing in Carrickmacross two years ago concerning the North South interconnector. This is in addition to the costs of over €1 million spent on advertising, sponsorship and planning, as exclusively revealed in this paper last month. The company was asked by The Northern Standard to release details under the Freedom of Information legislation about expenditure on attendance by staff and consultants at the Bord Pleanála enquiry. An Inspector eventually granted permission in December 2016 ...

THE STAGE IS SET! – PLANS UNVEILED FOR MAJOR CO MONAGHAN RALLY EVENT

General News, Headline »

12 Apr 2018 Comments Off on THE STAGE IS SET! – PLANS UNVEILED FOR MAJOR CO MONAGHAN RALLY EVENT
THE STAGE IS SET! – PLANS UNVEILED FOR MAJOR CO MONAGHAN RALLY EVENT

The formal launch took place on Thursday evening last of the 2018 edition of the biggest sporting event to be staged annually in Co Monaghan. The Four Seasons Hotel Monaghan Stages Rally takes place on Sunday, April 22. Brendan Flynn dons the Clerk of the Course mantle after a year’s absence from the role, and he told the Four Seasons-hosted launch event that he had selected new stages in the north and east Monaghan areas which he was confident would pose a testing technical challenge for the….

CO-OPS TAKE AID ROLE AS FODDER SHORTAGE BEGINS TO BITE

General News, Headline »

6 Apr 2018 Comments Off on CO-OPS TAKE AID ROLE AS FODDER SHORTAGE BEGINS TO BITE
CO-OPS TAKE AID ROLE AS FODDER SHORTAGE BEGINS TO BITE

Dairies Lakeland and LacPatrick both announced assistance measures for their suppliers yesterday as a consensus emerged among political and agricultural observers that the fodder shortage was beginning to impact heavily upon Co Monaghan. Minister for Agriculture Michael Creed TD yesterday announced an immediate review of fodder supplies and the identification of further measures to increase fodder…

DANIEL SAYS THANK YOU TO THE PEOPLE OF MONAGHAN

General News, Headline »

6 Apr 2018 Comments Off on DANIEL SAYS THANK YOU TO THE PEOPLE OF MONAGHAN
DANIEL SAYS THANK YOU TO THE PEOPLE OF MONAGHAN

thanked people in Co Monaghan for their donations which have meant he has been able to continue his education. In 2012, at the age of nine, Daniel Okweng featured on the Trócaire box as part of that year’s Lenten appeal. Now Daniel is a 15-year-old teenager. His home is a simple hut in northern Uganda and his family is among the survivors of one of the worst massacres perpetrated by the Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA) during the 20 years of terror the rebel group inflicted on the region. Daniel was ...

BUSINESS MINISTER HAILS EXPORT IMPACT OF NORTH MONAGHAN FIRM

General News, Headline »

6 Apr 2018 Comments Off on BUSINESS MINISTER HAILS EXPORT IMPACT OF NORTH MONAGHAN FIRM
BUSINESS MINISTER HAILS EXPORT IMPACT OF NORTH MONAGHAN FIRM

Cavan/Monaghan Fine Gael TD Heather Humphreys, Minister for Business, Enterprise and Innovation, hailed the important export contribution being made by Mullan Lighting when she visited the firm’s base of operations in the North Monaghan village …

CONCRA WOOD COURSE LANDS EUROPEAN GOLF TOURNAMENT

General News, Headline »

30 Mar 2018 Comments Off on CONCRA WOOD COURSE LANDS EUROPEAN GOLF TOURNAMENT
CONCRA WOOD COURSE LANDS EUROPEAN GOLF TOURNAMENT

Major Boost for Local Economy: Minister Humphreys Minister for Business, Enterprise and Innovation Heather Humphreys, TD, launched the “Irish Challenge” golf tournament at Concra Wood. It’s estimated up to 1,000 bed nights will be required for visitors attending the European Challenge Tour event in October, providing a major boost for tourism and the local economy.

CLONES TO BE PILOT LOCALITY FOR NEW COMMUNITY PARAMEDIC INITIATIVE

General News, Headline »

30 Mar 2018 Comments Off on CLONES TO BE PILOT LOCALITY FOR NEW COMMUNITY PARAMEDIC INITIATIVE
CLONES TO BE PILOT LOCALITY FOR NEW COMMUNITY PARAMEDIC INITIATIVE

Clones has been selected as one of four pilot localities for a new cross-Border community paramedic project. The initiative, which has attracted a €1.1 million investment from the EU INTERREG V(a) scheme, was officially launched last Friday. Director General of the HSE Tony O’Brien was joined by representatives from the Northern Ireland Ambulance Service, the Scottish Ambulance Service and the HSE’s National Ambulance Service at the Dublin event… A HSE media release stated: “This new collaboration between the three national ambulance services has been warmly welcomed and has resulted in the ...