JUDGE REMARKS ON WASTE OF MONEY AND RESOURCES AS FOUR WOMEN WITHDRAW ASSAULT COMPLAINTS AGAINST EACH OTHER

18 December 2015 No Comments by The Northern Standard

FOUR WOMEN who withdrew assault charges against each other at Monday’s sitting of Monaghan District Court were admonished by Judge Denis McLoughlin, who called on their legal representative to impress upon them the amount of time, money and resources that the State had to invest in such cases to bring them to court.

It had been confirmed by Garda Inspector Pat O’Connell that none of the charges could be proceeded with, in view of the fact that all witnesses were withdrawing their complaints.

Noleen Keeley (45) and Danielle Keely (22), both of Dara House, Blackraw, Threemilehouse, and Celia McDonald (24) of 60 Mullaghmatt, Monaghan and Louise McSkane (20), of 24 The Moys, Clontibret had each faced charges alleging they committed assault, in an alleged incident in the Shamrock Bar, Dublin Street, Monaghan on 10th August 2014.

Ms McDonald had been charged with an additional charge of assault at the Malik Kebab Shop on Dublin Street on the same date.

Maria Connolly, solr, who represented Ms McSkane, told the court that her understanding was that all the parties had agreed to withdraw the charges.

Insp O’Connell said this was a case in which there were allegations and counter allegations of assault from two sides. But the parties had now…

Comments are closed.