PROSPECT OF PRIMARY CARE UNITS FOR MONAGHAN AND CARRICKMACROSS HAILED BY GOVERNMENT TDS

20 July 2012 No Comments by The Northern Standard

Government party TDs in Cavan-Monaghan have hailed the prospect of Primary Care Units being developed in Carrickmacross and Monaghan Town in the future after announcements made on Tuesday in the wake of the confirmation of a €2.25 billion national stimulus package of investment in infrastructural projects nationwide.
Fine Gael Deputy Sean Conlan said that a proposal to establish a primary care unit as part of the Monaghan General Hospital facility had now been formally approved by Minister for Health Dr James Reilly and had been forwarded to Minister for Public Expenditure Brendan Howlin for inclusion in the forthcoming Capital Budget funding.
The establishment of a primary care unit in Carrickmacross was part of the Government stimulus initiative announced on Tuesday, and attracted statements of welcome from FG’s Deputy Heather Humphreys, and Deputy Conlan who stated that the South Monaghan project represented negotiations in which he had personally engaged with Minister Reilly for a period of six months.
Deputy Conlan said he was delighted with the inclusion of Carrickmacross in the Government list of primary care facilities to be delivered as part of the stimulus package.
This package, he said, was agreed by the government with the Troika, as an employment development initiative, and was a welcome development in the Carrickmacross area, where it will greatly enhance the provision of primary medical care in the south Monaghan region.
Deputy Conlan said the selection of Carrickmacross as a Primary Care Centre came after protracted negotiations between Dr. Reilly and himself over a six-month period, and was the leading item on the agenda when Deputy Conlan met with Taoiseach Enda Kenny in Government Buildings last week.
According to Deputy Conlan, the Taoiseach reiterated …

Comments are closed.